The Professional Science Master’s (PSM) is a two-year degree that prepares students for work outside academia. Instead of specializing in a research area, you will learn what it takes to become a well-rounded, technically adept professional.
Our program offers:
A broad and flexible curriculum:
- Each program has a variety of focus areas and can be adapted to your career path
- Support and guidance will be provided if you are not yet sure which area to focus on within your chosen program. Career paths options are available for our students.
- For students interested in diving deeper into the management and business side of our program, a MBA/PSM coordinated program has been developed.
Dedicated staff: We pride ourselves in assisting our students throughout their stay at Rice! Our staff is there for you, we mentor, guide and provide guidance on academic and non-acedemic matters.
Corporate Scholarships and Career Support:
- Deciding to pursue a professional science master’s degree at Rice is an investment in your future.
- With Rice University being recognized globally and ranked under the top 20 universities doors open for our graduates.
- We award 6 – 10 Corporate Partial Scholarships every year to full-time enrolled students.
- We support the Yellow Ribbon Military Veterans Program
Professional Development and Networking Practice:
- In close collaboration with the Rice Career Center, we provide many opportunities to meet with corporate representatives from industry and business related to our programs. We want to make sure that you make your career path a reality.
- Professional Development and corporate info sessions are offered on a weekly basis.
- We have nearly 300 employed alumni – most of them closely involved with our students assisting with resume and interview coaching, introductions and career guidance
- With access to our alumni,you will have access to an extensive corporate network.
- Our Industry Board of Affiliates volunteer as mentors for our students.